Saturday, September 28, 2013

From Jericho to Tel Aviv

On Monday we went to Jericho for our field trip. This is where Christ fasted for 40 days and was tempted by the adversary. This really put things into perspective for me because it is so hot and dry in Jericho, and I can’t imagine fasting under these circumstances. However, Jericho is also very quiet and secluded and would have great place of sanctification and preparation for His ministry.
 
 
Jericho is also where the story of the Good Samaritan happened. Again, being in this hot and dry desert changed my perspective of this story. Each of us ought to ask ourselves what we would do if we were in that situation. President Monson declared, "There are feet to steady, hands to grasp, minds to encourage, hearts to inspire, and souls to save. The blessings of eternity await you... Be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only." May each of us emmulate the example of the Good Samaritan and the prophet. 
  

Kaitlyn and Me
 

Shelby and Me at King Herod's winter palace



Isn't he a cute little donkey?

Carissa and Me in Jericho


I learned today that the desert can be a beautiful place :)

After traveling to Jericho, a group of us went to Tel Aviv (it's about 45 minutes away from Jerusalem). The Tel Aviv airport is where we arrived when we first got here.
 
I never thought I would swim in the Mediterranean Sea. The water was so warm and beautiful!
 
Carissa, Jules, and I made this sand castle... It's actually the Jerusalem Center :)

 
Kaitlyn and Me

 
Tel Aviv was definitely a highlight of the trip. I forgot how much I love the ocean! I've always been more of a mountain girl, but I was as happy as can be body surfing and walking along the beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment