Saturday, September 14, 2013

The Lamb of God

We went to the Garden Tomb again today and once again it was a beautiful experience. The tour guide mentioned that the Garden Tomb and Golgotha are on Mt. Moriah. This is the same place Abraham took Isaac to sacrifice him. Isaac saw the wood and fire for a burnt offering and started to wonder where the lamb was for sacrifice. Abraham replied, “My son, God will provide himself a lamb for a burnt offering” (Genesis 22:8). God truly did provide a Lamb for the ultimate sacrifice, which saved Isaac and saves all of us. I find it so touching that it was on (or near) the same mount that God allowed His own Son to be sacrificed, for each of us.

After our tour of the Garden Tomb, all 80 of us sang hymns that testify of God’s love and power. Many people of other faiths gathered around to listen. As I conducted the hymn, “I know that my Redeemer lives,” and looked out on the people gathered around, I realized that this was one of the few opportunities I would get to bear my witness of the living Christ (through song) while in the Holy Land. I stand as a witness of His love and power. He calms my troubled heart, takes away my fears, and gives me newness of life. I am so humbled by His love and sacrifice for me and for each of us. Christ is a risen, living Lord who lives to raise us up daily.

Golgotha, which means "skull" and a "place of burial" (Bible Dictionary)

The Garden Tomb


A replica of the stone that was in front of  the tomb


The place where they believe Jesus' body lied

Shelby, me, Devyn, and Amanda (my roomies)

No comments:

Post a Comment