Sunday, September 22, 2013

Life is a Gift!

Today I did clinicals in the PICU (Pediatric Intensive Care Unit) of the hospital. I was shadowing with my friend Cali, another nursing student. At the beginning of our shift, Cali and I both had the mindset that there was a solution to the problems these babies were facing. However, after asking questions and gaining a greater understanding of their illnesses, I realized that there wasn’t a “fix-all” solution for a couple of the babies. In fact, it was likely that a couple of them would not make it. When this realization came to me and Cali, we both looked at these beautiful babies and started to tear up.

I can’t imagine what their families are going through. It breaks my heart to think of all the life these sweet children will miss out on. However, it also strengthens my testimony of the power of the Atonement and the restored Gospel of Jesus Christ. How I long to share that truth with these families! How I long to testify of the Resurrection, of the Plan of Salvation, and of the reality that the Atonement makes all things right and fair.


Today changed my perspective on the gift of life. Thank you all for making my life so beautiful and wonderful! I hope you will take time to ponder the great gift of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment