Saturday, October 19, 2013

Exploring and Experiencing

This week we took our field trip to the City of David. We took a nice little walk through Hezekiah's Tunnel. The water came up to my knees. It was a fun adventure! I started singing "Lead, Kindly Light" to myself. Carissa told me to sing louder and then she would join me. Before we knew it, everyone in the tunnel was singing hymns. It sounded so cool!

After our field trip, a group of us explored the Church of the Holy Sepulchre and other churches in the city with our professor Brother Belnap. It was a blast!






Last night we went to a Reform Jew synagogue. We experienced their prayers and hymns, sung in Hebrew, welcoming the Sabbath. I am inspired by their preparations for the Sabbath and their delightful welcoming of the Sabbath. It has caused me to reflect on how I prepare for and view the Sabbath day, and what things I can do to more fully enjoy this sacred day and "call the Sabbath a delight" (see Isaiah 58:13). 

No comments:

Post a Comment