Monday, August 12, 2013

Walking With Jesus


I will have the opportunity to visit the Holy Land and to walk where Jesus walked. In my preparations for this trip, I read from the book In the Footsteps of Jesus. John Telford, the photographer for this book, said something that has caused me to reflect on the journey I will be taking. He declared, “Two thousand years have passed since the Mortal Messiah walked the paths and hillsides of Israel. Much has changed, yet much remains the same. The important question to ask is not whether I walked today where Jesus walked, but if I am walking today where Jesus would have me walk.”

Each of us must evaluate our lives and reflect upon whether or not we are walking the path that our Father in Heaven and Savior, Jesus Christ would have us walk. What things in our lives should we be eliminating or adding to more fully follow our Savior Jesus Christ? We may not all have the chance to literally walk upon the ground where Christ walked over 2,000 years ago, but every day of our lives, we have the opportunity to choose to follow Jesus Christ in our thoughts, words, and actions. 

 

As I prepare to travel to the Holy Land, my heart ponders what I can do to become more holy. Can you imagine the difference it would make in our lives  if each of us took time to ponder the question, "What would a holy woman or man of God do?" And then strove each day to become just a little more holy? 

 I am grateful for this opportunity to travel to the Holy Land and to walk where Jesus walked, but most of all I am grateful that through the Atonement of  Jesus Christ each of us can walk the path of holiness and can become who we are meant to become!

No comments:

Post a Comment